Cryptocurrency has managed to disrupt the financial industry due to the unprecedented gains that people obtained on their investment. It also managed to grab a few headlines for the wrong reasons as well, thanks to the major crash in 2017. Since then, it has been clear that the cryptocurrency market is highly volatile. Investors have to constantly be on their toes to be wary of the ever-changing market dynamics while trading on the same.
There has been a rising demand for automated software and trading bots to counter these volatilities. Our Gunbot review aims to help you understand the working of one such trading bot. Trading bots are gaining prominence simply due to the fact that they do not require constant human intervention. Once you set your strategy, you can focus on the other things in life and let the bot do the work for you.
There are certain human limitations as well which prevent us from being online 24/7 and thus do not let us fully exploit the market conditions. Trading bots function round-the-clock and help you make the most of the volatilities of the market. But do these trading bots always function as expected? Is Gunbot a good trading bot? What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Gunbot? Let us attempt to answer these questions one at a time.
What is Gunbot?
Developed in the year 2016 by Gunthar De Niro, GunBot is an automated crypto trading software, more commonly known as a trading bot, that works on a computer algorithm which helps you perform cryptocurrency transactions with ease.
Such bots are primarily designed to help you buy and sell cryptocurrencies on the desired exchange platform. The algorithm is designed in a way that helps it make intelligent decisions. One such commonly-used decision is buying as soon as prices fall and selling it once the prices are back up. Under favorable market conditions, you can continuously earn profits without indulging in any trade yourself.
GunBot works on the following exchange platforms: Poloniex, Binance, Bittrex, Binfinex, Kraken, and Cryptopia. One exception to this list is Cryptopia, which only works with Gunbot versions 4.0 and above.
Gunbot is able to make trading decisions depending on the strategies that you input. These strategies can be created by you if you have the desired market, or you may simply create one similar to popular trading strategies which help investors rake in profits. The primary purpose of a trading strategy is to help you maximize your gains and minimize your losses. Some commonly-used strategies available for Gunbot are Gain, Bollinger Bands, Step Gain, 1000Trades, Ping Pong, and Supergun.
One of several advantages of automated trading is that you are not restricted to one strategy completely. You can buy using a plan that helps you take the maximum gains while the prices are low and sell your crypto-assets using another strategy. You also do not have to rely on the existing scheme as you can make a few changes or completely create a new strategy from scratch.
The process of using Gunbot is simple as well. You just have to connect your exchange’s API keys, choose or devise a trading strategy, select the trading pairs of your choice, and then let the bot do all the work. You can also code or backtest a strategy if you are an experienced trader capable of extracting the maximum benefits out from your bot.
Gunbot Review: Features of Gunbot
Gunbot comes loaded with some of the most exciting features, which are as follows:
- Allows you to use unlimited trading pairs on its premium version and perform transactions on the cryptocurrency of your choice.
- It allows you to have an unlimited number of bot instances
- The interface is simple and easy to use. The platform is designed in a manner which ensures that you get a faster response for all your queries.
- It supports multiple exchanges on a single installation, which means that you do not have to install the software multiple times every time you wish to choose a different exchange.
- All the software updates are free of cost. Once you pay initially, you are entitled to a lifetime of upgrades without any additional charges. These updates are only restricted to software changes but also allow you to upgrade to the newer versions.
- The content on the interface is optimized to work on both desktop and mobile devices. You can manage your settings as well as monitor your trades quite easily whenever you want to thanks to this optimization.
- It has some of the most powerful trading strategies for buying and selling cryptocurrencies, confirming indicators, trailing, DCA, and so on. You can choose from use tested presets or create your own strategy from scratch as there more than 15 different trading options available on the platform.
- Some of these optimized strategies help you:
- Perform well when it comes to both margin trading as well as trading on-spot.
- You can create a system using the ‘Reverse trading’ option which can even help you accumulate during bear markets without having to invest more than your initial buy order.
- The interface features native charts which help you review the performance of your trading bot. One of the bots on the interface, CryptoSight Telegram, provides detailed statistics regarding all the trades that you perform using Gunbot.
- You can stay updated constantly with one of the best notification services that allow you to receive notifications on Telegram.
- There are certain add-ons which tremendously increase the functionality, such as the Trading View add-on which allows you to execute trades based on e-mail alerts, and the Backtesting add-on which emulates almost all the options available on Gunbot – so you do get a feel of live trading without actually investing any money. The backtesting add-on can be downloaded from tradingview.com as a script.
- Configuring and updating the software is quite a simple task and a single JSON configuration file helps you perform all these functions.
One of the major questions that we attempt to answer in this Gunbot review is “Can we really make money using Gunbot?” Let us understand the scenario in brief.
Can we Really Make Money Using Gunbot?
Trading bots primarily rely on the strategies that you input. There is no single way that helps you deal with all kinds of market volatilities. Cryptocurrency is also not an asset like gold which can be bought and stored. There are probabilities that the prices may not increase at all. It might also happen that you may lose your investment entirely if you hold on to your assets.
It is thus essential that you have the desired knowledge of the cryptocurrency market before making any investment with trading bots. You must also constantly update your trading strategies frequently to cope up with various uncertainties.
But one of the major advantages of using Gunbot is that it comes loaded with some of the most amazing strategies proven to offer returns to investors. Under similar market conditions, these strategies can also help you generate profits on your investment. If you’re a seasoned investor, creating your own plan might be the way to go.
With the right strategy and market awareness, it is quite possible to make money using Gunbot’s trading interface. Before you use a strategy, you must always do enough backtesting to avoid losses in real-time trading.
Advantages of Gunbot
- Support for multiple exchanges: Gunbot supports Huobi, Binance, Cryptopia, Bittrex, Kraken, Bitfinex, KuCoin, CEX.IO, Poloniex, Coinbase Pro, and Bitmex.
- No restrictions on trading pairs: Once you install Gunbot, you can use any number of active trading pairs on the platform.
- Trading strategies: Helps you avoid one of the most arduous tasks, i.e,. creating a strategy, with more than 15 options available on the website that can be used alone or combined to form a custom strategy. These strategies are: Average Directional Index(ADX), Average True Range(ATR), Bollinger bands, Bollinger bands-crossover, EMA spread, Emotionless, Gain, Ichimoku, MACD, MACDH, PingPong, Step gain, SMA cross, Time-series Analysis, and Trailing stop.
- Multi-Platform: Gunbot works seamlessly across all major operating systems like Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.
Disadvantages of Gunbot
The major disadvantages of Gunbot stem from uncertainties in the cryptocurrency market. Despite being an automated trading software, you cannot be too reliant on it after creating one strategy. You must stay constantly updated about the latest happenings in the cryptocurrency market to ensure that you’re not at risk of losing your investment.
Beginners may find it a little tricky to download the software and set up a trading strategy, which is quite a task in itself. It is thus recommended that you do a background reading of all available choices. The Gunbot platform, like any other bot, is too reliant on the strategy that you’re using.
One more disadvantage is the fact that since the entire software is quite powerful, it has strong hardware and software requirements. Once you install the software, you are prompted to purchase a virtual private server if you do not wish to use the software on your personal computer. You might also face lags if your computer does not have a minimum of 4 gigabytes(GB) of RAM and a quad-core processor.
One of the best things about Gunbot licenses is that you only have to buy them once in your lifetime with all the updates being free of cost. Depending on the price, there are certain similarities and differences in these plans. Naturally, the ones that are priced higher allow users to access more features.
- The lowest priced plan at 0.1 Bitcoin (BTC) is the ‘Gunbot Starter Edition’ which has limited functionalities, like support for only one exchange. Although you can have an unlimited number of trading pairs and perform as many transactions as you want, you can only use the Emotionless strategy from all the available ones. However, with this purchase, you get an upgrade coupon worth 0.02 BTC which helps you get a discount in your future purchases.
- The Gunbot RT Standard Edition is also priced at 0.1 BTC but does not give you an upgrade coupon, unlike the Starter Edition. The Gunbot RT Standard Edition has similar functionalities that include support for only one exchange platform, unlimited trading pairs, and unlimited transactions. Additionally, you can use all the strategies available on the platform as well as the Double up and Reversal Trading add-ons.
- The Gunbot RT Pro Edition is worth 0.15 BTC. The features that it offers are identical to those of the Standard Edition. The only major difference lies in the number of exchange platforms that you can use. While the Standard Edition allows you to use only one exchange arena, you can access up to 3 platforms using the Pro Edition.
- The Gunbot RT Ultimate Edition is a treat for seasoned investors. Despite being a little expensive (0.25 BTC), you have access to all supported exchange platforms and can use every available trading strategy with unlimited transactions. You are also entitled to unlimited trading pairs and get access to the Double up, Reversal Trading, and TradingView add-ons.
Is Gunbot Bot Worth the Price?
Gunbot is an automated trading software which can help you make significant gains from the cryptocurrency market. The trading bot has one of the best algorithms and one of the fastest and most responsive interfaces. You can also rely on the trading community to create a strong trading strategy.
If you have the desired knowledge of the cryptocurrency market, Gunbot can help you maximize your gains as well as minimize your losses.